Make a Hanukkah Garland
This darling garland can be made any length you like—to festoon a doorway, the stairway, the mantel, or anywhere you’d like, to add a touch of homemade Hanukkah magic. It’s a great craft to make with the kids as they eagerly await the festivities.
Hang your garland, along with a string of mini holiday lights, for extra seasonal joy.
Things You'll Need:
- Popsicle sticks, plain or colored
- Bottled glue or glue stick
- Decorative beads, buttons, sequins, sparkles, glitter, etc.
- Yarn, string, or ribbon
- Kid-friendly paint and paintbrushes, if using plain sticks
- Glue together the ends of three popsicle sticks to form a triangle. Make a second triangle with three more sticks.
- Glue one triangle on top of the other to make the Star of David. Let the glue dry.
- If you’ve used plain popsicle sticks, paint your stars, then allow to them dry.
- Use glue to add decorations as desired. Allow to dry.
- Connect your stars by lacing yarn, string, or ribbon through each one.
- Hang your garland and enjoy!
- Make the garland a part of your holiday tradition! Store it carefully to use year-after-year.