Halloween Cookie Upgrades
Christmas cookies may get all the attention, but you can up the cookie ante for Halloween with these creative store-bought cookie dough hacks.
- Bake sugar dough cookie rounds, then spread cooled cookies with white frosting. Use a black icing tube to outline a ghost shape and add eyes and a spooky mouth.
- Cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies can be pressed lightly into sugar cookie dough rounds just after they are pulled from the oven. Transform the sandwich cookies into spiders by using black icing gel to draw spider legs on each.
- Bake sugar or chocolate chip cookie dough into rounds, then spread to cover with white frosting. Add two chocolate chip “eyes” to each, then blanket with shredded coconut to resemble a mummy.
- Unwrap and cut fun-size candy bars in half, then wrap each half in a cookie dough round. Bake as directed on package for a trick-or-treat surprise!
- Portion cookie dough into tablespoon-size rounds, then place each in the cup of a greased miniature muffin pan. Bake 15 minutes or until dough is baked through. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Decorate mini muffins with small candies and icing to create bug-like creepy cookie bites.