Arroz con Chorizo (Rice with Sausage & Kidney Beans)
Country style ham, beans, olives, prepared sofrito, parboiled rice and traditional spices come together to create this quick version of a traditional Puerto Rican favorite.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow or white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chorizo
- 1⁄4 cup Goya® Sofrito Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Goya® Sazon con Culantro y Achiote Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Goya® Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups parboiled rice
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) Goya® Pink Beans or Goya® Red Kidney Beans, drained
- In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Turn heat to high. Add chorizo and sauté until cooked through.
- Stir in sofrito, sazón, tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin and olives. Stir in rice, water and beans.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked and water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat; keep covered and let stand 5 minutes.