Balsamic Potato Chip and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Private Selection™ kettle chips give these cookies an unexpected burst of balsamic flavor and crunch!
Serves: 30Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 2 cups Private Selection™ Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Potato Chips, coarsely crumbled and divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups Private Selection™ Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1⁄2 cup Private Selection™ Slow-Roasted Pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F; line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside 1 cup potato chips and crush finely.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a large bowl and hand mixer), cream together butter and all three sugars until mixture is light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix to thoroughly combine. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated. Gently mix in chocolate chips, pecans (if using) and 1 cup broken potato chips.
- Use 2 soup spoons to portion out mounds of dough onto a cutting board; use damp hands (to minimize sticking) to roll each portion into a ball. Dip top of each ball in reserved, finely crushed chips.
- Transfer balls to prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2” apart. Bake 12–15 minutes, until cookies are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, storing any leftovers in an airtight container.