French Toast Muffins with Maple Glaze
Check out this recipe for a new way to enjoy a breakfast classic.
Serves: 18Prep: 25 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) Bakery Fresh Crusty French Bread, cut into ½-1” cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Private Selection Grade A Maple Syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 18 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Add bread cubes to mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups. Bake 20-22 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Whisk together butter, maple syrup and powdered sugar. Remove muffins from pan and spread with glaze while still warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Tip: Muffins can be refrigerated after dividing into the pan overnight before baking; increase baking time by a few minutes. Muffins can be frozen after baking and glazing; wrap individually and keep in a freeze storage bag. Microwave 1-2 minutes until hot.