Grilled Flank Steak with Cilantro Parsley Butter
Try this perfect tasty combination of butter, herbs, lime and steak.
Serves: 4Prep: 2 hours 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
- Canola oil
- In bowl, combine butter, parsley, cilantro and lime juice with a spatula. Blend well to distribute ingredients.
- Spoon compound butter onto wax paper; roll paper around butter to form a rough cylinder. Twist ends to secure butter (about 6”x1¼” diameter).
- Refrigerate butter until chilled, at least 2 hours. Slice into 8-10 slices.
- Lightly brush grill with canola oil and preheat to high. When grill is hot, grill flank steak covered 10-14 minutes turning once (or until internal temperature reaches 160°F). Season with Montreal seasoning. Place four slices compound butter on top of steak once turned.
- Cover meat and let set 3-5 minutes. Slice meat against the grain. Serve with remaining compound butter slices on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers.