Herb Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey
Using an herb flavored mayonnaise to season your turkey creates a juicy bird with golden brown skin that just so happens to be keto friendly too!
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 3 hoursTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Classic Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. sage, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, divided
- 12 pounds turkey, giblets and neck removed, patted dry
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 2 ribs celery, roughly chopped
- ground pepper
- Heat oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together mayonnaise, thyme, sage, rosemary and 2 finely chopped cloves garlic.
- Place turkey on rack in a roasting pan. Stuff cavity with onion, celery and 2 remaining garlic cloves.
- Rub herbed mayonnaise under and over the turkey skin. Generously season with salt and pepper. Tuck turkey wings under the bird and tie drumsticks together.
- Place turkey in the oven and reduce heat to 350°F.
- Roast in oven 3-4 hours, until internal temperature reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh. If skin starts to get too brown, tent with foil.
- Allow turkey to rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.