Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Pistachios
Toasted pistachios add crunchy texture to this creamy vegetarian pasta dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 3 cups bite size cauliflower florets (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces HemisFares Orecchiette Little Ear Shaped Pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth Roasted & Salted Pistachios
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes until tender and starting to turn brown.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic cook 2-3 minutes until softened and fragrant. Add wine and reduce by half. Add heavy cream and orange zest; reduce until slightly thickened.
- Add pasta and cauliflower, tossing to combine. Cook 2-4 minutes until sauce clings to pasta adjust consistency with pasta water if needed. Stir in parsley and adjust seasoning to taste. Top with pistachios.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Make it a Meal: Serve with sautéed Swiss chard. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cleaned chopped greens along with a small diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté 5-7 minutes until tender, season with salt and pepper to taste.