Pumpkin Pancake Muffins
Portable Pumpkin Pancake Muffins with dark chocolate chips – don’t forget the drizzle of pure maple syrup!
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup Deer Park® Lively Lemon Sparkling Water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kroger® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Kroger® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pure maple syrup, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a standard non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée, lemon water, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together pancake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and use a spatula to gently combine.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips. Do not over mix or you’ll end up with very dense muffins.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to evenly scoop batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the muffins are cooked though. Do not over bake.
- Remove muffins from muffin tin and serve warm with maple syrup.