Sausage and Pepperoni Deep Dish Pizza
Serve your family this mouthwatering deep-dish pizza that is loaded with meat, cheese and veggies.
Serves: 8Prep: 2 hoursCook: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. lukewarm water (120°F-130°F)
- 14 ounces ground Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices
- 4 slices provolone
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- Fresh Parmesan, to serve
- Fresh basil, to serve
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, yeast, olive oil, butter and water. Mix on medium-low speed for 6-8 minutes, until smooth. Knead into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise, about 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 9” springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Stretch the dough to make a large enough circle to fit the prepared pan. Lay the dough in the pan and stretch it until the edges start to shrink back. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- Stretch the dough to cover the bottom of the pan, then gently push the dough up the sides of the pan. Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Bake 10 minutes, until just starting to brown.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage while crumbling into small pieces. Sprinkle into the crust, then top with pepperoni slices, provolone slices, pizza sauce, mozzarella, bell pepper and onion.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with fresh Parmesan and basil. Refrigerate leftovers.