Spiced Eggnog with Rum
This spiced eggnog is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The spices and rum come together to offset the sweetness of the eggnog and create a special holiday beverage.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups eggnog, divided
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup spiced rum
- Orange peels, to garnish
- Ground cinnamon, to garnish
- In a small saucepan, warm 1 cup of eggnog, turmeric and cayenne pepper over medium-low heat. Cook until smooth and combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a pitcher, combine the cooked eggnog with the remaining 2 cups eggnog and spiced rum.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with orange peels and cinnamon. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.