Thanksgiving Leftovers ‘Buddha’ Bowl
This beautiful bowl will make you thankful for leftovers. Be creative with the selection you have left in your refrigerator for a new flavor twist!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups cooked brown rice, warmed
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 6 cups roasted vegetables, such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, or asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces, warmed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces cooked turkey meat, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup turkey gravy
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated, or 1 Tbsp. Ginger People® Organic Ginger Juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Reheat vegetables in the microwave, oven or sauté pan. Warm up the gravy with the Thai curry paste. Add turkey and simmer gently to warm through.
- Divide the warm rice into 4 bowls and arrange the turkey and vegetables over the rice in an artful manner.
- Mix the cranberry sauce with the ginger, vinegar, sesame oil and hot sauce; adjust the seasonings according to your taste preference. Add a fried egg on top if you need more protein, or are short on turkey or skipping it all together.