Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting
Serves: 40Prep: 30 minutesCook: 8 minutesTotal: 38 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 2 large egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Assorted sprinkles, for decorating
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together ¾ cup butter, granulated sugar, vanilla bean seeds and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and beat until combined. Add half of the flour, baking soda and salt. Beat until well combined. Add in the remaining flour and beat until just combined.
- Form dough into a ball and place in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with a nonstick silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll dough ⅛” thick on a lightly floured board. Cut out with desired cookie cutters. Bake for 6-8 minutes, then allow to cool on the prepared baking sheet.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together 1 cup butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract and caramel, then beat until combined. Add in the heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cookies and top with desired sprinkles.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.