Vegan Alfredo with Fresh Tomatoes
A cashew cream sauce mixed with tomatoes makes for a deliciously fresh bite in this vegan alfredo dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. vegan fettuccine pasta
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. white miso paste
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water 4-8 hours
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chiffonade
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once warmed, add onion and cook until tender. Add 4 cloves garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer mixture to a blender.
- Add broth, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, miso and drained cashews to the blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, then toss with pasta.
- In a small bowl, toss tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 clove garlic, balsamic vinegar and basil together.
- Serve tomato mixture over pasta. Refrigerate leftovers.