White Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
This take on hot chocolate bombs skips the challenging process of tempering chocolate in favor of easy-to-use candy coating. Crushed up candy canes add a refreshing hit of holiday peppermint inside and out.
Serves: 6Prep: 45 minutesCook: 2 minutesTotal: 47 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 16 oz. Kroger® Vanilla Candy Coating
- 6 tbsp. Kroger® Hot Cocoa Mix
- 6 tbsp. crushed candy canes or peppermint candies plus more for garnish
- 9 tbsp. Kroger® Mini Marshmallows
- Place two 6-well, 2" diameter silicone baking molds on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Melt vanilla candy coating according to package instructions.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of candy coating in each well and use a pastry brush up the sides of each well to thoroughly and evenly coat. Refrigerate until firm, about 5 minutes.
- Brush any thin spots, especially around the rim of the molds, with additional candy coating. Refrigerate at least 5 minutes or until solid.
- Fill 6 of the wells with 1 tablespoon hot cocoa mix, 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint candy and about 1½ tablespoons of mini marshmallows.
- Carefully release the 6 unfilled candy shells from the mold.
- Brush or pipe some remaining candy coating, reheated as needed, around the top of the filled candy shells. Gently press an unfilled shell on top to form a sphere. Drizzle the top of the spheres with candy coating and sprinkle with additional crushed peppermint candy to decorate. Refrigerate at least 5 minutes or until set.
- Carefully unmold spheres.
- To serve, place a hot chocolate bomb in a mug. Carefully pour about 1 cup of very hot milk over to top; stir to combine.
- Store unused hot chocolate bombs at room temperature.